Marble Countertops for Your Kitchen
Affordable Quality Marble Countertops!
If you have ever looked in a kitchen magazine or watched a home show chances are you have seen stunning marble countertops featured in an elegant kitchen. It no surprise that marble is so sought after for a kitchen countertop material. It looks amazing, adds style, and seems to be a designers choice that never goes out of style.
But how much do you really know about marble countertops? Are they really a good countertop for your kitchen? Well, trust us when we say you’re not alone if you have any questions about getting a marble countertop. Below are the basics of marble countertops if you a thinking of getting one and have questions. Feel free to give us a call or stop in if you would like to find out more or see some styles. When it comes to marble countertops we are experts and we will give you the honest info you need to make the best decision.
What are Marble Countertops?
Marble countertops are a type of natural “stone” countertop. They are cut from the ground, cut into large flat pieces called slabs, polished, shipped around the world, cut into countertop shapes, and finally installed in your kitchen. They are basically kind of “functional stone art”. But marble is not the same as other stone countertops like granite. Marble has specific properties that make it get classified as marble. Generally, marble has the following features:
- Softer material than other stones (Less dense so more porous)
- Contains varying amounts of veining (Minerals deposits that create patterns)
- Comes in hues of white, black, grey, yellow, green, brown, blue, and even some pinks.
What are the Pros and Cons of Marble Countertops?
- Natural Material – Not man made at all. Only crafted by the hands of a skilled craftsman to bring out natures beauty.
- Every piece is unique – Like fingerprints or one of a kind works of art.
- Wide range of colors and patterns – Varying from soft to hard patterns and more colors then what most people know.
- Extremely heat resistant – Hot pans are no worry with natural stone.
- Timeless – Marble has been used for thousands of years so no it won’t go out of style
- Adds a unique look and design – Marble is marble and it can add a unique element to your kitchen that can’t be duplicated.
- Needs to be sealed – Marble is very porous and needs to be sealed to prevent staining. Once sealed properly as long as you keep the seal updated every year or so it will continue to resist staining.
- Does not like acids – The mineral makeup of marble tends to break down easier than other materials when exposing to acids. Acids like lemon juice, some cleaners, sodas, and wine should be not allowed to sit or “etching” can occur.
- Not as durable to scratching – As a softer material marble scratches easier then other stones. This can be a good thing for lots of people like the “aged” look of marble.
- Prices can vary greatly – Some colors can cost lots more than others. If your concerned on price you should talk to one of our professionals about your options.
- Chipping Corners – All countertops will chip if you hit them hard enough. If a chip does occur just keep the piece most can be fixed.
Are Marble Countertops good Kitchen Countertops?
Marble can be an excellent kitchen countertop if used and cared for properly. The key to all stone countertops is prevention. We seal all our countertops above industry standards and usually, they are sealed once at the factory and a second time after installation. Our sealer is one of the best available and is rated for 10 years. However, the more you use and abuse your countertop the faster the sealer breaks down and we recommend to “re-seal marble” at least once a year. For some people, marble countertops might not be the best choice if you are worried scratches or keeping it clean.
However, marble has been used for thousands of years and the look is priceless. If you really want marble to create a specific type of look than the little extra maintenance and care is always worth the trade-off.
See our FAQ page or Blog for more info on Marble.
Check out our visualizers
Quartz Countertops & Marble and Granite Countertops Ma – Services
Kitchen Countertops in Granite, Marble, Quartz or other natural stone. We offer high quality counter tops with Lifetime Warranty at factory direct prices.
Our tops sellers are Granite Countertops cut and installed. We direct import our granite slabs carry over 90 colors in stock. Huge Discounts!
Certified and experts fabricators and installers of Quartz Countertops. If your looking for Quartz look no further. We carry all the major brands.
Marble countertops are great for kitchen or vanity tops. We carry, cut, and install some of the best marble available.
Caesarstone is one of the most popular quartz countertops. Read more about Caesarstone by clicking on the picture.
There are many different types of solid surface countertops. We carry all the most popular and top quality products.
Soapstone countertops are an excellent choice for the right kitchen or bath. We are experts in soapstone.
Looking for other stone countertop options? We carry almost or have access to all different types. Talk to one of our specialist for more details.
Quartz vanity tops are an excellent choice for your bathroom. We carry hundreds of remnants which can save you money.
Bathroom vanity any size and color. We have a huge selection of remnants in Marble, Granite, and quartz that saves you money. Quality at any size.
Marble and Granite Backsplash in tile or full stone. Quartz backsplash also available. Lots of backsplash options to add style and class to your kitchen.
Full Marble and Granite shower surrounds custom to your shower or jacuzzi. Available in Marble and Granite Slabs and all natural stone tiles.
Quality Countertops in Franklin, MA at Factory Direct Prices
No Cost Design Consultations & Estimates
Have our countertop experts help you with selecting materials, styles, and design for your countertop project. No hassle & No purchase obligation. With Art Stone Granite and Marble, you get:
- High-Quality Craftsmanship
- Factory Direct Pricing
- Unmatched Customer Service
- Master Installers
- Near Invincible Seams
Talk to an Expert Now: (508)541-3909
Review by Regina Harrington:
They have an excellent selection of soapstone and granite. I looked several places for soapstone and New View had the best products and pricing. They were amazing to work with – I absolutely love the new countertops.
Review by Interior Designs by Bridget, LLC:
I’ve used New View’s granite service for two bathrooms and a kitchen and love the results! They are well priced, and the crew is professional and does great work.